Building a WordPress website is a lot like building a house.
- First you need a plot of land to build on.
- Then you have to dig and pour your foundation.
- The next step is framing.
- After the framing’s done, you put on the roof.
- Once you’ve put the top on, you build the inside walls.
- Then you add your exterior touches — windows, doors, the type of siding or finish you’re using.
- Finally, you finish off the inside.
These correlate really well to the seven building blocks you need to build your WordPress website. Here at WordPress Building Blocks, you’ll learn more — a lot more — about each of these blocks and help you choose the best tools for using them.
Block 1: Your virtual real estate is your site’s domain name and the service that hosts it
You wouldn’t try building a house in a swamp or on shaky sand, so your domain name needs to be strong and your hosting should handle WordPress sites with a high level of expertise.